Personal tools
You are here: Home Your Report

Gas Drilling Incident Survey Form

People removed from the fracking phenomenon really have no idea of the range of problems which include setbacks, spills, unethical landmen actions, inspectors not responding or misbehaving, threats and intimidation by drillers, lack of sediment/erosion control, poor waste management, open pits/ponds, hazardous waste not identified, UIC problems, noise, fumes, wells contaminated, trucks, accidents, explosions – the list goes on.

To gather documentation illustrating these problems, we will need to do some research.  Many people have suffered serious impacts, but their stories are frequently written off as emotional exaggerations.  So we need to get the acts – dates and times, DEP documents, pictures, media coverage, whatever it takes.

The finished product will serve to illuminate and broadcast the many personal hardships that West Virginians have had to deal with since the advent of industrial-scale gas drilling in West Virginia.

The eventual result will be the 3 Ring Binders, an eye-opening collection of thoroughly documented examples of how and why our current laws and regulations are not protecting us - our land, our air, our water, our health. It will be a tool we can take to our representatives, the media, or our doubting neighbors, to make our case.

Please use the online form to send a report to the West Virginia chapter of the Sierra Club's 3 Ring Binder Project.

Enter your first and last name.
If reporting for someone else who's been affected, what is their name and address?
Enter your 10 digit phone number.
In which county did this incident occur?
Please provide as much information as possible
Check if the answer is "Yes".
Check if the answer is "Yes".
Check if "Yes".
Check if "Yes".
Check if "Yes".
3 Ring Binder Project
Submit a survey form
to report incidents and problems

Contact Governor

  • Call the Governor toll free at 888-438-2731.

Contact Legislators

  • Call your state legislators at the Capitol via this toll free number 877-565-3447.

Contact DEP

  • Share your concerns with the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) at 304-926-0499.

Report accidents and spills

  • WV DEP Spill Hotline 1-800-642-3074
  • National Response Center 1-800-424-8802
  • EPA Eyes on Drilling Tipline 1-877-919-4372 or email


Our sites public reporting tool.

Write your newspaper!!

Join the Sierra Club HydroFracking Team

Click on this link.